Friday, March 13, 2015

Tested by testing!

The end of the second week of testing, and I am so distressed.  It has totally disrupted library use, denying students who need to access resources, denying students who need a safe place to be, denying opportunities for teaching and collaboration.
Because wishing it will not make testing go away, I am trying to reflect on what can possibly be the learning piece in all of this.  What can I do to make this experience count for something positive? 
The best thing I can say about losing this time is that I have been able to get some things done that are long overdue - budgeting, book ordering, even cleaning off my desk.
What is the positive outcomes for my students?  I really can't think of any.  I will be searching for an answer for a while, I think.

No comments: