Now it is the day after, and I am reflecting on all of that. I guess my first question should be, what exactly do I want as an outcome of this? What should I offer? Who should be involved? How can it be funded?
|Thinking outside the box|
- 1. Create a survey for students, learning what they would like to have.
- 2. Create a steering committee of interested students, and go through collected data to formulate a plan of action.
- 3. Take plan to administration and determine follow through opportunities.
- 4. Set up Makerspace model and see what happens!
- 5. Reevaluation after a period of time.
What do I hope to gain from this endeavor? A new space in the media center for students to have a creative outlet, a place to safely "push the envelope", a haven for students who feel out of step with others.
How about you? Are you reflecting on innovation? What do you see as the future of your teaching and learning space?