Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Twas the week before Christmas ...

If you know me you know that my idea of a perfect day is pajamas, coffee, and a stack of books!  Well, I am having that perfect day (actually, morning, since I will be springing into action this afternoon!).  I am in Canada, visiting my son, there is the gentlest hint of snow lazily drifting to the ground, and holiday music as my mood enhancer.  I have several books to read: "The Rules of Survival" by Nancy Werlin, which I will be using as part of English 11's tiered novels; "Marked," the first book of the House of Night series and part of my quest to read the fiction section of my new high school library; "Bal's Quick & Healthy Indian," my son's latest attempt to get me to eat healthier!  I am about to put a new Christmas novel on my Kindle, something warm and mushy, sentimental, and fun -- anyone with a suggestion??
Of course, there is also a stack of work by my chair, which I am currently ignoring; a few articles to flesh out, some lesson plans to critique, a newsletter to create, and planning to do.  All of these can just wait until later, I am enjoying that endangered art of enjoying a good book. So ... Here's hoping you are also having that perfect day ...


No comments: