Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things to do at a hospital

My mother is in the hospital.  If you have parents of an age, you know all about this.  Some body parts are no longer under warranty and just don't work like they used to.  So we came to the emergency room on a Sunday -- she was taken back immediately then .... we.... waited ..... and .... waited ....  Time moves differently in places like this.  So, during this waiting period I tried to keep myself entertained by:
Reading  - True, mostly by the author of Ida B.; The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan, and the latest Prevention magazine.
Computing - Mostly window shopping on the Internet; readying my library catalog for inventory, and looking at  high school library websites for ideas.
Television -- have you tried watching daytime TV???
Chocolate -- I consumed more than is healthy!

How do you entertain yourself at places like this?

1 comment:

Huelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.