Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful for books even more than for pumpkin pie!

In light of the season, I am thinking of all my reasons to give thanks. There are so many this may take a few posts.
  • First of all, I am thankful for having a job that I love.  Putting books into the hands of students and having them come back to say it was the best book ever ~ what other career rivals this? 
  • I am thankful that my teachers are wonderful people who want the best for their students and love to plan with me to create lessons to engage students in learning.
  • I am thankful for the amazing books being published right now, and that I can have access to them.
  • I am thankful for my colleagues and friends across the country that I have gained because of professional organizations that have allowed me to meet others with like interests.
My hopes for the coming weeks:
  • A room full of new books to read.
  • A snow week to read them all!
  • A fireplace, cozy chair, and hot chocolate for the proper atmosphere.
  • Friends snowbound with me.
What are you thankful for?  I would love to know.

No comments: