Sunday, November 28, 2010

Best books for holiday gifts?

I am preparing to write an article for my school newsletter listing some "must" book purchases for households.  Beyond the regular, good dictionary, classics, I would like to suggest a few great destined to become classics titles.  I am considering "Ruth and the Green Book" by Calvin A. Ramsey, this is a very thought-provoking text about what it was like to travel during the days of segregation, and  "Chalk" by Bill Thomson, an amazing wordless picture book that elicits a great response from students.  Do you have any titles you would add to this list?  Maybe we can create a list we can all share!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Someone in my family is getting LLAMA LLAMA HOLIDAY DRAMA. Even before she could walk, she has been a rabid LLAMA LLAMA fan.