Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why not saying no has an up side!

If you know me then you know that I say yes to almost everything, then wonder why I am always running around like a crazy woman.  Sometimes, many times actually, these impulsive acts result in a positive return.  If you are a member of AASL (if not, why not??) you might know that they are about to share a database of exemplary lesson plans that follow the plan format of Standards for the 21st-Century Learner.  I volunteered to be a moderator for this database, which involves checking lesson plans against a rubric and the standards to be sure they teach what they say they will, etc.  Anyway, I couldn't believe I said I would do this, but I pulled out my laptop and AASL standards resources and started.  Reading these lessons has me evaluating my own lessons; do I follow the standards? Do I upgrade my lessons with technology when applicable? Do I include self reflection time for my students?   What I have learned already is worth the time I invest in editing!
How about you?  Do you say yes to new opportunities to grow and evolve?  You won't regret it!

No comments: