Sunday, October 21, 2012

Riding the whitewater rapids of this school year

Whoo- hoooo! This school year has started with a rush, all good things, of course. Hope yours has as well. One of my primary objectives for the year was to bring more bodies into the media center - success. Students come in as soon as the door is unlocked, "can I  get this printed off before class?" and "will you edit this paper for me?" And even "I need a new book to read, anything new?"  They are there all day and after school, too. It is busy and loud and chaotic and wonderful.the best part, authentic learning is occurring! During the school day there are whole classes coming to research, because I have planned with the teacher, small groups working together, peer tutoring, and more. Over the next few weeks I will share some of the particulars, and ways I hope to begin assessing this learning.

No comments: