Alright, I follow Cathy's tweets and blog (Reflect & Refine: Building a Learning Community). She is a friend and former literacy coach, and great early morning debater of topics large and small. For details on this event, check out Cathy's blog.
1. The Napping House, what is there to say, critical viewing, change of prespective, amazing cumulative text.
2. The Other Side.
3. Tuesday. Wordless books offer so much to the reader.
4. We had a Picnic This Sunday Past, Jacqueline Woodson. Voice, characterization, sense of place, and great language
5. The Curious Garden
6. The Straight Line Wonder by Mem Fox
7.The Seeing Stick by Jane Yolen
8. 17 Things I'm Not Allowed to Do Anymore. Definitely a conversation starter
9. Diary of a Fly
10. The Rescue of Aunt Pansy by Lisa Campbell Ernst