Monday, July 26, 2010

Most people make their New Year's Resolutions in January, I make mine in August as I resolve each year to  make this the "best school year ever!"  (Does that sound familiar to anyone else?)  Anyway, I am reviewing standards and scores in preparation for our building improvement meeting, browsing the AASL's Top 25 Websites for Teaching and Learning for appropriate tools to share, and reading multiple books that I have picked up over the summer.
Over the next few weeks I will decide what I want to do about that dreaded library orientation -- is it really necessary? Could my students orient each other? What could I do to assure the success of this idea?  Is there some way to demonstrate evidence of student learning during this process?
Once again I resolve to grab my camera more often, catch those iconic moments of spontaneous sharing, then share them with others as a demonstration of the learning that occurs in the media center.
What is the best way to share the Web 2.0 finds with my teachers?

I will be attempting to answer these questions over the next few weeks.  Feel free to offer your suggestions!

No comments: